September 24, 2015

The Perfect Homecoming Step 2: The Dress

When it comes to homecoming, searching for the perfect dress is (in my opinion) the best part! Also, once you find the perfect one, it's exciting and fun to look for accessories and shoes to go with it. 

I am always in favor for getting a new dress for every occasion, and my mom loves looking for them (probably more than me). 

Here are some looks from past years:



 Freshman Year *cringe*


Ignore my braces and awkward pose, but this is one of my favorite dresses I've ever worn. From Nordstrom , I paired this dress with simple black heels and a simple silver bracelet. I didn't feel I needed that much jewelry since the embellishment  on the dress made up for it.

Dress (similar) / Shoes 








Sophomore Year (Look at that transformation)

This is another one of m favorite dresses from H&M. Paired with an turquoise statement necklace and matching earrings from Kate Spade and Mary Jane style black heels.  Finished with a beauty queen inspired hair style with larger curls.

Dress (similar) / Earrings / Shoes (similar) / Necklace (similar)


My dress for this year is a secret for now, but homecoming is in two days, so I'm all set.

The places that I get a majority of my dresses includes Nordstrom, ASOS, Tobi, H&M, Windsor, and Forever 21. Since my school's homecoming is a little more casual, the dresses are a little less formal than other schools may be used to.



When it comes to finding the perfect dress I have 2 simple guidelines:

1. Please PLEASE no fru fru dresses: You know what I mean…(HUGE skirts made of neon colors and fake embellishments all over) Not only are these dresses the opposite of class, but also when you look back at your homecoming pictures when you're 30, this is not what you're going to want to see. If your school is more fancy or formal, choose a dress with more elegance rather than the neon colors and cupcake skirts.


2. Wear something you'll love and that you're comfortable in. Don't let what your friends wear  sway your decision on an dress or overall look. If you like the way it looks on you and you feel confident in it, go for it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment